Our beginnings in grape growing can be traced back to 1862, at the estate of Cal Janes, in the municipality of El Pla del Penedès. In those days vine growers produced their own wines, which were then sold to traders. While we had been focusing on still wines, in 1982 we entered the world of cavas producing our first bottles in the small family cellar in Ca l’Avi (Subirats). So in 1985 we started to operate from our current premises in Les Tarumbes (El Pla del Penedès). During all these years of dedication to the vineyards, we have developed an understanding of the land and the environment, so that we could intereact and work with nature. Keeping the balance of the ecosystem and developing sustainable vine growing has made it possible for land to express itself in its fruits.